November 2015 — Much of the prequel RP happened in this month before the launch of the main campaign, where characters got acquainted.
December 2015 — Forming a loose alliance with each other, Our Heroes capture the murderer of the Baron’s wife, venture into Eerie Strait to rescue a mortal damsel in distress, and Lishi sells her soul to a Devil.
- January 2nd: It is the New Year, and Aitur is holding Open Court within his Barony. While he listens to some of the petty issues of the common rabble, Lishi breaks into the Baron’s bedchambers and steals three strands of his hair. Simeon and Ted follow her, discovering what she’s up to. Taliesin, meanwhile, effectively distracts the Baron’s court by stepping forward to tell the Baron of Countess Lunette’s crime against him. The Baron, furious, calls for court to enter a recess while he takes Taliesin off for a private conference.
- Aitur speaks privately with Taliesin, acquiring more details about Lunette’s crimes. He learns that she had been influencing his mind through the painting she gave him. He declares he will speak immediately with Duchess Colette, and he will seek justice on Taliesin’s behalf to redeem the name of House Gwydion.
- Ted and Simeon continue tailing Lishi. They follow her into Wood Grove Barony and spy on her while she has a meeting with Baroness Deirdre, who takes the hair from Lishi and sets her a second task: get the Baron’s voice. Lishi meets with the duo outside of the Barony, soon joined by Taliesin, and through metaphor and story-telling, she tells them her story. They reassure her they’ll help.
- January 3rd: Ted tracks down Justin, the Prodigal BURD, and talks to him. Justin tells him that he will mimic the Baron’s voice so that they can try to trick the Baroness, but only if Ted will swear fealty to the Baron. Ted agrees to this.
- Lishi re-enters Wood Grove Barony, this time willingly, and she seeks out Nileas for a meeting. She gets information from him regarding Deirdre’s motives for this spell she’s preparing against the Baron, and she learns that Deirdre intends to subdue his will, marry him, and join her Barony with his to prepare against Eerie Strait.
- Simeon and Lishi briefly meet, and the sluagh tells the boggan that he too had been spying in Wood Grove. He confirms what she’s learned from Nileas; Deirdre has an entire room devoted to the Baron, like a shrine, complete with a red wedding dress.
- January 4th: A powwow of sorts is held in LIshi’s shop after hours. Ted tells Our Heroes about the deal Justin’s offered him. LIshi shares her insights regarding Deirdre’s motives.
- January 5th: Much to Aitur’s shock, Ted requests a private audience and pledges his fealty. Aitur accepts, speaking the Oath in Escheat in turn, then promptly appoints Ted his court bard, one of Haycorn’s new mentors, and gives him a small measure of dross as well as the free hospitality of the freehold proper.
- Having sworn allegiance as agreed, Ted meets again with Justin in order to capture the mimicked voice of the Baron. After giving the chimerical bird a tiny infusion of Glamour, the bird’s eyes glow red, and it takes on a shadowy, whippoorwill-like appearance in the shadows while it listens to Justin’s mimicry.
- Lishi again meets with Hannah to discuss matters of politics and her memories of being kidnapped while they enjoy a fantastic boggan-made lunch. Hannah describes the single man who kidnapped her by his voice and his height, and even with that little information, Lishi determines that it was none other than Sir Glen ap Leanhaun, Deirdre’s right-hand man. This then leads Lishi to conclude that it was Deirdre, and not some figure in Eerie Strait, who actually wanted Aitur’s wife dead so that she could marry him. Before LIshi takes her leave, she approaches Varick and asks him to be her champion in the event she runs afoul of terrible trouble. He agrees.
- January 6th: Our Heroes meet at Taliesin’s swanky manor to share information. Lishi tells the group about her discoveries (Glen kidnapped Hannah, Varick is her champion). There’s talk of revealing Deirdre’s treachery blatantly to Aitur, until Simeon asks the question of ‘What would happen to Wood Grove Barony if she disappeared?’, which makes them all think twice. They part ways, having decided to try some treachery and cunning rather than a big, dramatic revelation.
- In gratitude for their help of Sir Taliesin, Basil the butler gives presents to Lishi and Simeon. He gives Lishi a book of treasured recipes, and he gives Simeon an antique cravat. In an attempt to cheer up a broody Taliesin, Simeon suggests inviting him to an opera when things have settled. Just as friends, of course.
- January 7th: Our Heroes have another meeting.