Use this chart for calculating healing times.
|Level of Damage||Healing Time||Wound Penalty|
|Crippled||Three months — see below||-5|
|Incapacitated||See below||You are not moving|
- Note about Crippled: Not only must a changeling heal this Health Level, but she may lose one point from one of her Physical Attributes. A changeling who is magically healed, or who reaches a freehold to be healed before a day has passed, does not suffer this loss.
- Note about Incapacitated: A changeling who reaches Incapacitated heals at the Storyteller’s discretion; she may fall into a coma for the rest of her life (unless taken to a freehold for healing).
- When in a freehold, glen, or in the Dreaming, normal damage heals at one Health Level per night.
- Changelings suffer chimerical damage (Health Levels) from purely chimerical sources, such as the horns of a nervosa or a chimerical lance. These wounds are visible only to those capable of seeing the character’s fae mien — normally other Kithain and enchanted mortals. Purely chimerical wounds are more dramatic than normal wounds, so play up their descriptions. Get medieval. Of course, unenchanted mortals will see nothing outwardly wrong with a Mauled character who is screaming for aid.
- An Incapacitated changeling falls into a comalike state and must be taken to a freehold, glade or strong source of Glamour to recover. The character does not wake until all chimerical Health Levels have been healed. Childlings and wilders usually reawaken on the next day after being healed. Grumps may require any other special aid the Storyteller feels is appropriate.
- Chimerical damage heals at a normal rate, unless the character is in a freehold or glade. While in a freehold, the character heals one chimerical Health Level per night spent there. In the Dreaming, a changeling heals one chimerical Health Level per hour.
- Aggravated damage can only be healed by the body’s natural processes. Consult the Healing Times chart for these healing times. In the Dreaming or a freehold, these times are halved, round up, with a minimum of one day required to heal a Health Level.
- Aggravated damage can only be healed by cantrips if additional points of Glamour, beyond points used for casting itself, are spent. One level of aggravated damage can be healed per point of Glamour expended.
- Cold iron is the only thing that causes Health Levels of chimerical and aggravated damage simultaneously. Cold iron weapons also cause changelings to loose a point of temporary Glamour per Health Level inflicted.